Deltec Asset Management is a boutique multi-asset class solution provider focused on delivering outperformance and exceptional service to its valued clients since 1946.
“ Deltec’s founder was an inspirational leader and mentor, who instilled in us the necessity of diligent research, patience, a sense of buying assets at a discount and the danger of investing with leverage. The decision to sell should always be ours, not the banks. He was an astute observer and was excellent at perceiving trends. All this we incorporate in the daily operation of our business.”
Arthur E. Byrnes
Senior Managing Director
“Investment management requires wisdom, judgement and integrity. To be successful, we must establish a close working relationship with each client to fully develop that sense of trust. This is the aspect of investment management that I enjoy the most.”
John R. Gordon
Senior Managing Director
Deltec’s Investment Strategies
Our investment strategies are offered as commingled funds and/or separate accounts. Please note that the investments described in this website are not available or suitable for all investors.
Emerging Market Investment Platform
- Global, long-only emerging market equities portfolio
- Concentrated portfolio which typically invests in 12-15 countries and 35-45 holdings
- Top-down and bottom-up investment process driven by proprietary research
- High active share portfolio
- A repeatable investment decision-making process
- Objective: Consistently high risk-adjusted returns
- Research-driven portfolio designed to capture higher yielding and sustainable opportunities across faster-growing emerging markets
- Long-only portfolio of 50-60 holdings in high-quality, well-managed companies with strong balance sheets, low leverage and market liquidity
- Diversified across 20-25 countries
- Objective: Positive absolute returns with less downside risk from sustainable, consistent streams of income
- A fixed income portfolio investing in sovereign and corporate debt issues with improving financial, trade, regulatory or political catalysts, healthy fiscal balances and/or strong corporate balance sheets
- Actively managed portfolio with 20-30 positions primarily denominated in U.S. dollars (minimal foreign currency risk)
- Strategy is designed to capture the higher return potential of faster growing, higher-yielding non-US debt markets
- Objective: Absolute return oriented with an emphasis on the preservation of capital
- Multi-asset class, research driven strategy investing globally on a long-only basis
- A strategically concentrated portfolio (typically between 35-45 holdings)
- An “all-weather”portfolio strategy that can be customized to client-specific goals
- High active share
- Objective: To produce consistently high absolute and relative returns on a risk-adjusted basis by capitalizing on economic and/or industry-specific trends using top down and bottom up proprietary research
- Focus on event-driven opportunities resulting from perceived pricing inefficiencies across the capital markets
- No leverage
- Highly eclectic portfolio holdings
- Objective: Generate positive absolute returns with low correlation to other asset classes
Why Deltec Asset Management?
EXPERIENCED TEAM OF INVESTMENT
The Keys to Investment Success
- We believe active management provides many opportunities to generate alpha while protecting our clients’ capital from potential losses.
- We focus on high quality investments that our research suggests offer the highest return potential for the level of risk we are willing to assume.
- Our objective in constructing portfolios is to consistently deliver high-risk-adjusted returns.
- We employ proprietary research to develop differentiated views from the consensus opinion in making investments for our clients.
- We apply a disciplined and repeatable decision-making process across all our strategies.
- Integrated risk management is paramount; risk is carefully monitored by senior management and by our portfolio managers.
- We strive to be transparent about all investment decision-making and communicate with our clients regularly.adjusted returns.
- We are a privately owned, independent organization and always place our clients’ interests first.
- Our firm culture is characterized by integrity, respect and collaboration.
- Investment team senior portfolio managers average more than 30 years of industry experience.
- Accountability in servicing our clients has led to long-standing relationships; we consider client retention to be a top priority.
Let’s Start a Dialogue
Deltec Asset Management, LLC
530 Fifth Avenue, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10036
T. 212 546 6200
Investor Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Meeting
or a Phone Call